Sunday, May 1, 2011

Love and Happiness

Dear Readers:

          First off let me start by thanking you for reading my thoughts...thats exactly what you are doing. I created this blog inorder for people to get a chance to open up their minds and hearts and veiw things through my eyes. Now, I am by far a celebrity or a public figure, I am not a traveling wise man from the ancient past and I haven't finished learning all there is to learn about life. However, I am an experienced young man who has had more than enough troubles and heartache to know that "Life is what you make it" but only when you have control. Otherwise, life molds and forms us as the oceans and winds form mountains and cliffs. We are as the earth, in a sense, we have functioning capability to create our own habitats, but there are so many factors that play a role in that process that it almost feels as if we a simply moving with the flow. Philosophy? No. Truth? Yes.

         
 So, today I was listening to the 1973 hit song "Love and Happiness" by the great recording artist Al Green. It wasn't the first time I heard the song but it was the first time I actually LISTENED to everything he said. I recently (January) got out of relationship that lasted almost six years and I really loved her and she loved me...but she was not happy. I knew for about three years that she was unhappy and I tried my best but it still didn't work out, and that's unfortunate. But it was bound to fail because Happiness and Love go hand-in-hand, one supports the other and without one the other can not exsist. You can be happy and not in love though, just not the other way around because every house needs a foundation but every foundation doesn't need a house. Happiness is the foundation of love, and that foundation is composed of sevral parts...Trust, commuication, commonality, and contrast.

          Over the next few blog post I'm going to break down my philosophy on eace one of these foundation peices and you can chime in with your own opinions....but for now, Im ready for some ice cream. 



                                                                                      Until we meet again,

                                                                                                "G"

         

No comments:

Post a Comment